- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g boneless beef cut into cubes
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 large unpeeled potato, cut into pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 medium celery stalk, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1. In a pot on your Pineware double spiral hotplate, heat oil over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown on all sides.
3. Add water, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 2 – 2.5 hours or until beef is almost tender.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients except cold water and flour.
5. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Remove bay leaf.
7. In tightly covered jar or container, shake cold water and flour and gradually stir into beef mixture.
8. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
9. Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened.
- Basmati rice
1. Wash and rinse the rice well until the water is clear.
2. Place in a pot on your Pineware double spiral hotplate with double the amount of water and a little salt and stir once.
3. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat all the way down and cover the pot tightly with a lid.
4. Cook on the lowest heat possible for 10-15 mins without uncovering the pan.