- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2½ teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon Maizena
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon curry powder.
2. Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in your Pineware electric frying pan until just smoking.
3. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
4. Transfer the partially cooked chicken to a clean bowl and set aside.
5. Add the remaining 1½ tablespoons of oil to the electric frying pan.
6. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the garlic, ginger and remaining 1½ teaspoons curry powder and cook until fragrant.
8. Whisk the chicken stock and Maizena together, then add to the pan with the sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
9. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the sauce is nicely thickened, about 5 minutes.
10. Add the peas and partially cooked chicken to the skillet, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, a few minutes.
11. Off the heat, stir in the yoghurt and coriander; then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
12. Serve with rice.