Couscous stuffed chicken
- ½ cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 rashers middle bacon
1. Place the couscous in a medium bowl and add ½ cup boiling water.
2. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork to separate the grains.
3. Heat half the oil in your Pineware electric frying pan and cook the mushrooms, stirring for 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Add mushrooms, cheese and parsley to the couscous and season with pepper.
5. Split each chicken fillet length ways without cutting all the way through.
6. Working with 1 fillet at a time, place between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
7. Place ¼ of the couscous mixture on half of the chicken, leaving a 1 cm edge.
8. Fold over chicken to enclose the filling, pressing edges together.
9. Wrap with a rasher of bacon.
10. Repeat with remaining chicken, couscous mixture and bacon.
11. Heat the remaining oil in the electric frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken parcels for 5-6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.