Delicious chickpea burger
- 1½ cups chickpeas
- 1 tin of whole kernel corn
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
1. Blend the chickpeas and sweetcorn with your Pineware blender.
2. Pick the coriander leaves and add half to the processor along with all of the stalks.
3. Add the spices, lemon zest, flour and a pinch of salt, then pulse until combined but not smooth – you want to retain a bit of texture.
4. On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into six equally sized patties.
5. Place onto a tray and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
6. Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
7. Once hot, add the patties and cook for around 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway.
Enjoy with lettuce and tomato on a bun.