- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
1. In a pot on your Pineware hot plate, combine milk, 1 cup water, macaroni, salt and pepper.
2. Bring to a low simmer, stirring frequently to prevent the macaroni from clumping and the milk from boiling over.
3. Once the mixture simmers, reduce heat to low (it should continue simmering) and stir continuously until pasta is done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. The macaroni will absorb the liquid while cooking, so stir in additional water as needed, ¼ cup at a time.
5. Once pasta is done and the sauce is creamy, remove the pot from the heat and gradually stir in the grated cheddar until smooth and melted.
6. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary and stir in dry mustard.