- 1 packet beef or pork sausages
- 30ml oil
- 2 onions cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 500g button or brown cap mushrooms chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 250ml beef stock
- 250ml baby carrots
- 25ml cornflour mixed with a little water
- Salt and pepper
1. Place a frying pan on your Pineware double spiral hot plate and fry the sausages in oil over a medium heat until nicely browned.
2. Remove and set aside.
3. Add onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Add thyme, bay leaves, stock and carrots, return sausages to saucepan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Thicken the gravy with cornflour and water, season to taste and serve with mashed potato or chunky bread rolls to mop up the gravy.